Monday, November 7, 2011

Day #68 being abroad!

Wow I can't believe time is going by so fast here. I leave on December 17th and that is a little over a month away. This past weekend I stayed and Florence and toured around Florence a little! I have a museum card so I can pretty much get into all of the museum for free since I have this card.

First on Saturday we went to go see The David at Galleria dell'Accademia. It was amazing to see this masterpiece that Michealangelo created! Here is a 'sneaky' picture of him that my roommate Alexis took. People are not suppose to take pictures of him, but Alexis found a way!



After going to see The David we went to the Uffizi Art Museum. This is the biggest museum in Florence and it is hard to spend only one day in there. I was only in there for 45 minutes and I didn't even see 1/4 of the museum, so I will defiantly have to go back.

This is the view of the Ponte Vechio from the Uffizi Art Museum!
Then after the Uffizi Museum I went to an english mass at the Duomo.


After going to mass we were all starving so we went to Gusta  Pizza. Gusta Pizza has THE BEST pizza in Florence!! I ended up getting a Pesto pizza, and it was delicious. My pizza had pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce, turkey and mozzarella cheese.

Menu @ Gusta Pizza

The open fire that they bake the pizza in



Here are some random photos from the week:

St. Norbert friends reunite in Florence!

Red Leaves in Berlin, Germany

Smelling Flowers in Vienna, Austria

Found this cool quote on a store window (English)

Italian

Homemade Pizza

Pistachio Cannoli's!! I made them in my Food, Culture and Society Class! 

Berlin Wall (Two different side)

Yup, this is Sword Fish that I made in my food class! 
I LOVE Mama's Backery! I actually have American sized coffee!!

My coffee!!

This is the gelato cake that my parents got us during midterm week from our favorite gelato place!

Parade in Florence


This  weekend I am going to PARIS!!!!!!!!!! We  (me, Brittany and Alexis) are meeting up with Katie and Jenny (who are studying abroad in Ireland) to celebrate Jenny's 21st Birthday!!!! It is going to be a fun weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment